Before we dive into our main topic of “How to start a blog and make money?” Let’s first cover some basics.
What is a Blog?
A blog is a short term for “weblogs” or “weblog”. A blog is any website that has articles related to any field whereas articles can be specific or general. In a blog, we “Bloggers” write content like now I have this post (How to start a blog and make money) on my blog.
So, Blog is a discussion or informational website published on the World wide web and it has a combination of multiple posts/articles to read or to discuss.
Types of Blogs
There are many types that we can count on when talking about a blog and specifically when we are talking about beginners who just want to start a blog and make money through it. But let’s discuss some of the major types:
- Personal Blog.
- Brand Blog.
- Services Blog.
- Repair Services Blog.
- Corporate Blog.
- Niche Blog.
- Affiliate Blog.
- Artist’s Blog
- and so on…
How to start a blog and make money?
Now we all know that what actually is blogging so let’s go to have a look at how to start a blog and make money? You can also check how to create a blog website from scratch for beginners to get a jump start.
So to start with a blog:
- Select the category or type of blog on which you are going to work on.
- Like in this blog I can write on any topic because of its a personal Blog.
- Buy a domain and hosting
- You can choose from some of these best hosting services.
- Create a website and make it ready and running.
- You can create a website on WordPress or Blogger
- How to install WordPress on your domain
- Start writing your posts and do remeber to go for the SEO!
Display ads using Ad-sense
When you set up all the above-mentioned steps and have at least 10 posts on your blog website then go for the AdSense.
- To create an Adsense account you only need to have a Gmail.
- Open Adsense signup page.
- Once you are signed up! Click on the tab at the left side saying “Sites”
- Add your website URL in it and hit submit.
- Google Adsense will take max 2 weeks to go through your site and finalize to add ads or not!
- If there is an issue with the website that you need to fix, the Adsense team will let you know about that.
- Adsense Help Center.
Once Your site is approved from the Adsense team, you are good to go to place ads and earn money!
Reference Blog Websites